Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BOOK REVIEW- THE KYOTO PROTOCOL


Hey there!

Been a while I know. I traveled a bit and to parts with internet connection that could make you tear out your hair in frustration! But I did read, and I've decided to share some reviews of the books I've read over the past few months. here's the first; The Kyoto Protocol by Joe McGovern:

I selected this novel because it was written by a lawyer, and I was expecting a simple John Grisham-ish pattern. Apart from people who kept getting ‘lost in conversations’  (“but you lost me with that last comment.”), the story flowed quite nicely.

This book has a technically involved story plot focused on the Environment and its need for protection and the attendant challenges involved. 

Reading line by line I learned a whole lot about environmental protection and the wonderful way money is seriously involved in the matter (ka- ching!). And the characters, while sometimes too good to be true, (like our protagonist Sean Murphy; a six foot dreamboat with great intellect) reminded me of actual people I know.

Intriguing all the way, with a few last minute twists to the tale, the Kyoto Protocol was a thoroughly enjoyable read.


I received a complimentary copy of The Kyoto Protocol as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team.  Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

No comments: